The Conjurers Conflict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2156, War Between Wizards and Muggles. Who will be left standing?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Visitor Uninvited

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evelyn

A Visitor Uninvited Empty
PostSubject: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:42 am

Her hair pinned back from her face and a bottle of fire whisky in front of her on the desk, Evelyn's neat scrawl marked the page as she listed out the recent prohibitions that her council had decided upon. Most of them were reasonable, some not so much but it was a war that they were in, and some things needed to be done. Who's idea had it been to allow the muggle to know of magic's existence anyway? Crowely.

Finishing the list, Evelyn read it over and blew lightly on the most recent words to ensure that they were dry before folding it sharply and sliding it into an envelope. The people had another two days to enjoy the few things that were going to be taken away from them. Someone had mentioned the removal of all muggleborn's from the magical world, but she was not sure that it would be the best thing. Most people were either muggle born or half blood, with so few purebloods left. To remove the muggleborns would take many of the half blood on loyalty to family.

So no, those of pure ancestry could not fight the war on their own, considering that the muggles already outnumbered witches and wizards by great amounts. It would be best to hold on to everybody that they could get. Standing coldly and biting her lip, the witch couldn't help but wonder exactly what was going to happen. Not even the Department of Mysteries' best seers could predict the result, though they all seemed to believe that there was dark and hard times ahead. Approaching the door, she was surprised to see that she was no longer alone in the room and letting out a sigh, she mutter, "Yes?"
Back to top Go down
Nemo
Admin
Nemo

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Nemo had materialised minutes before whilst the Minister was still puddering over her notes and legal documents. He took his time waiting for her, fiddling with the various decorative sculptures and gadgets the decorated the office. At her acknoweldgement of his presence he immediatly ceased his tinkering and looked up.

"Oh, Good Evening Minister. Whenever you're ready." Nemo said, his voice light and melodic, like a child speaking with the voice of a man. Nemo then turned his back to the Minister and continued fiddling with a rather interesting suspended golden globe that spun in a given direction when motioned to.
Back to top Go down
https://wizardmugglewar.rpg-board.net
Evelyn

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:12 am

"Speak. I don't have time for childishness," the woman said stonily, looking at the man who was toying with her things. She knew who he was. She wasn't deaf, and people talked of the mysterious man who seemed to appear from nowhere. Evelyn wasn't surprised by very many things, so after hearing about him from people working in the Ministry, she had come to the conclusion that he was on either side. Simply there for his own reasons.

Wondering what he wanted to discuss, or if his intention was to simply frustrate her, she began neatening her desk. It wasn't that she had anything urgent to do at that point in time, she simply felt like every wasted minute was exactly that: a wasted minute. Returning to her seat, she watching Nemo icily and waited for him to speak, or leave, or dance. Whatever he was going to do.
Back to top Go down
Nemo
Admin
Nemo

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:24 am

Nemo continued playing with the floating gold, seemingly completly entranced by the simple charmed object, "You must really tell me where you got this from Minister, it would look simply divine in my kitchen!" Nemo stood up his tone suddenly serious, "I'm joking of course... I don't have a kitchen."

Nemo strode over, throwing himself in the air and landing with a gracful thud on the chair facing the Minister's desk, stretching out, fidgiting in the chair with an uncomfortable grimace on his face. "You should really get comfier chairs..."

Abandoning the chair Nemo instead chose to stand, clasping his hands together, "Right then, I have news that may be of interest to you."
Back to top Go down
Evelyn

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:13 pm

"An uncomfortable chair makes interrogations go more in my favour. They are also not made for you to sit in that way," her slightly amused tone resumed its usual seriousness as he stood. Evelyn couldn't think of what he could possibly have to tell her, so with an interested rise of an eyebrow she said, "And what would that be?"

Leaning forward, she rested her elbows on the desk and her chin on her hand. Though she usually kept herself regal in public, she preferred to remain comfortable when nobody was around and she figured that in her opinion Nemo could count as nobody. He wasn't exactly important in her world, though she was sure that he had information on the Muggles. Though, she didn't believe that she would openly share it.
Back to top Go down
Nemo
Admin
Nemo

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Nemo's eyes scanned the documents now neatly folded on the Ministers desk, his voice slightly trailing off as if his mind were elsewhere, "You should get some nice comfy bean bags or somthing in here, they would be much better...."

Nemo's eyes snapped back to that of the Minister's, his blue eyes sharp and peircing, their image burning. Nemo now stood perfectly still, almost stauesque, his eyes motioning towards the document outlawing a number of practices and objects and placing new curfews on the people, "The suppression of freedom, tear it up."
Back to top Go down
Evelyn

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:38 pm

"I chose every piece of my furniture for a reason. Besides, who cares if that chair isn't comfortable if mine is. I'm the one who has to spend hours in here a day." He seemed to become distracted before returning his gaze to pierce hers. Evelyn didn't flinch, but did tilt her head in question at his.. demand. "Why?"

She wasn't against the idea, she personally thought that the decisions were too harsh. Punishing innocent people was not on her agenda. However, she refused to be a dictator and her council had decided, not her. More so than anything, she was simply curious as to his intentions with the Ministry.
Back to top Go down
Nemo
Admin
Nemo

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:00 am

Nemo stared directly at the Minister, "You seem to forget you're at war with the muggles, as you call them, not your own people, militant states of office don't work. Enforce these new laws and you will have a public uprising, can the M.T.D.S fight on the front of the war and their own people? I'm saving you more trouble and bloodshed."

Nemo fished in his pockets and pulled out a lollipop and began unwrapping it eagerly, "Or of course you could simply ignore me, I mean what do I know right?"
Back to top Go down
Evelyn

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:00 pm

"I am aware of who I am at war with. These prohibitions were to be put in place for the safety of the magical population. Not for their unhappiness. Right now, I don't believe that happiness is a priority anyway. Survival is." Sighing, she licked her lip and despite her words nodded her agreement. "You know more that you want for anybody to think."

Picking up the papers, she bit her lip and read them over. Deciding to go against her council's wishes, she did as the man had told her to. Letting out a quiet but satisfied sigh at the sound of the tearing paper, Evelyn raised an eyebrow at Nemo, "So there was another reason that you came. You did not know of these before you arrived."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor Uninvited   A Visitor Uninvited I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Visitor Uninvited
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conjurers Conflict :: Wizard's World :: Ministry of Magic :: Level One :: Minister of Magic's Office-
Jump to: